Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm not sure what to do....

So...I am definately behind on my reading. This goal is going to be unreachable if I keep going at this pace! I'm stuck on A Tale of Two Cities! I'm halfway through it and I"m just not excited. I stopped reading it to read 'A Christmas Carol' and now I've stoped again to read 'Holes'. I don't see the point in not finishing it when I'm so far in. I just am not excited about reading it! I read a chapter, which is only a few pages in most instances, then I give up! Well, for now I'm moving onto 'Holes' hopefully once I've had this little break (I should finish the book in an hour or so) I'll be able to move on.

Another thing I'm uncertain of..
A New Year is often a time to set new goals. I'm in a constant state of goal setting. I feel like I made this blog to set multiple goals...how many is too many? Which goals should I share? I would like to lose weight...I feel like this is a cliche. Will I be successful? I hope so, in previous years I lost 20 lbs, in the last year I've slowly gained 5ish lbs. That's pretty good for maintaining, but I never reached my goal weight. I felt that after 20 lbs it would be a good idea to continue eating healthy and focus on maintiaining. The recent weight gain is definately because I have gotten back into some of my bad habits. So...should I update my weight loss? I would like to get back in touch with some people and make more good friends in Taber. I'm not sure how interesting that would be to update on. It may even be awkward if those particular friends read this. Hmmm...so many more...what to do?

1 comment:

  1. I'd say keep plugging away at A Tale of Two Cities - even if you have to keep reading other books in between. As for the weight-loss goal, I'd say you should keep updates on it. It will stay in the front of your mind and perhaps help your readers who are on the same path. The friends one might be good to keep off here if they might end up reading it. Though, it would help in answering the question "What was your first impression of me?". I think you could definitely make it an interesting read, but like you said, it could be awkward if they read it.

    ReplyDelete