Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holes by Louis Sachar



  I loved this book. I'm so glad that I chose to buy it rather than look for it at the library. I'm always on the look out for good 'boy books'. I feel like female teachers have a hard time finding books that all of their students would enjoy. So many of the books that were on my teachers shelves were 'girl books', even as a girl this annoyed me. So, I am always on the lookout for books like this that I feel anyone could enjoy.
  I want to say more about this book but I'm scared I would give away too much. I loved it, the cover says the book is for ages 10 & up. It's definately and easy, fun read for a relaxing evening.
  Continuing on...'A Tale of Two Cities'. Perhaps I will take some advice and read things while I'm reading this book. Maybe I'll stop at the library and pick up a Roald Dahl book or one of the books from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe series to read in between 'A Tale of Two Cities'. I feel like my lack of focus in reading this book is resulting in me losing the story line. I can't say that I don't like the book...I just have a huge lack of interest for some reason. I wish I could put my finger on it.

1 comment:

  1. This book is awesome, isn't it? I read it in the third or fourth grade and fell in love with it. And when the movie came out, I was only super satisfied. I'm glad the novel wasn't ruined by another bad attempt at translation from page to screen.

    ReplyDelete